“Victorian” Era to the Great Depression

Site Surveys

The links below are to some of the catalog records of historic site surveys contained in our research library pertaining to this time period.  Please visit our library (Wed-Fri, 10-3) for further information and photographs on these properties.  Many of these records are also accessible through the Maryland Historical Trust, in their Maryland Inventory of Historic Properties, found online at http://www.mdihp.net/dsp_county.cfm?criteria2=KE  These site surveys are the product of a significant site documentation project conducted in the 1980s through a partnership of the Historical Society of Kent County, the Town of Chestertown, Kent County, and the Maryland Historical Trust.  Following this survey, the Historical Society produced and published Historic Houses of Kent County, an unequaled work of architectural history, now in its second printing and available for purchase through the Society.

Church Lane School, 1873/1921

Chestertown Fountain, 1866-1878

Asbury Methodist Church (African-American), 1879

Melitota Store, c. 1885

Brooks (Radcliffe) Mill, 1891

Medder’s Store, 1877

Stam House/Hill’s Inn, c. 1875

Melitota Store, c. 1885

Pearce House, c. 1890

Parks House, c. 1894

Reid Hall, Washington College, 1896/1929

Methodist Protestant Parsonage, c. 1896

Worton Railroad Station, c.1900

Chestertown Railroad Station, 1903

Mench Ark, c. 1929

Chestertown Armory, 1931

Old Twin Roads Gas Station, c. 1933

Oyster Buyboat Nellie Crockett, c. 1926

Copyright Historical Society of Kent County
powered by Chesapeake Bay Internet Associates