Site Surveys

The links below are to some of the catalog records of historic site surveys contained in our research library pertaining to this time period.  Please visit our library (Wed-Fri, 10-3) for further information and photographs on these properties.  Many of these records are also accessible through the Maryland Historical Trust, in their Maryland Inventory of Historic Properties, found online at http://www.mdihp.net/dsp_county.cfm?criteria2=KE  These site surveys are the product of a significant site documentation project conducted in the 1980s through a partnership of the Historical Society of Kent County, the Town of Chestertown, Kent County, and the Maryland Historical Trust.  Following this survey, the Historical Society produced and published Historic Houses of Kent County, an unequaled work of architectural history, now in its second printing and available for purchase through the Society.

Customs House, 1740s

Widehall, 1769

Hynson-Ringgold House, 1770s

McHard House, c. 1770

Geddes-Piper House, 1780s

Trumpington, c. 1780s

River House, 1784

Washington College, 1782

Smith-Ringgold House, c. 1759

Radcliffe Cross, c. 1770

Simon Wickes House, c. 1780

Drayton Manor, 1770

John Reid House, c. 1775

Springfield Farm, 1770

Chesterville Store, c. 17841

Locust Hill Farm, c. 1780

Hopkins House, c. 1777

Hichingham, c. 1774

Copyright Historical Society of Kent County
powered by Chesapeake Bay Internet Associates