Site Surveys

The links below are to some of the catalog records of historic site surveys contained in our research library pertaining to this time period.  Please visit our library (Wed-Fri, 10-3) for further information and photographs on these properties.  Many of these records are also accessible through the Maryland Historical Trust, in their Maryland Inventory of Historic Properties, found online at http://www.mdihp.net/dsp_county.cfm?criteria2=KE  These site surveys are the product of a significant site documentation project conducted in the 1980s through a partnership of the Historical Society of Kent County, the Town of Chestertown, Kent County, and the Maryland Historical Trust.  Following this survey, the Historical Society produced and published Historic Houses of Kent County, an unequaled work of architectural history, now in its second printing and available for purchase through the Society.

St. Paul’s Church, 1715

Bedingfield Hands House, 1750

Lamb’s Meadow, c. 1733

Godlington Manor, c. 1725

White House Farm, 1721

Marrowbone, c. 1720s

Buck-Bacchus Store, c. 1735

Dougherty’s Tavern, 1740s
Also called Dougherty-Barroll House

Huntingfield (or Ellendale), 1722

White Swan Tavern, c. 1733

Worrell’s Tavern, 1758

Gilpin’s Mill, 1760

Violet Farm, 1762

Emmanuel Episcopal Church, 1768

Wallis-Wickes House, c. 1769

Copyright Historical Society of Kent County
powered by Chesapeake Bay Internet Associates